Saturday, June 09, 2007

{6.9.07}

Hotter than:
*a firecracker on the 4th of July
*a kitchen stove
*HELL
Just plain freakin' hot! We are down in Shreveport, Louisiana this weekend for my friend Seth's wedding and it's roasting! We have heat and humidity in Oklahoma, but these Cajuns down here have it hot! Poor Kensington doesn't know what to do with herself. She doesn't want to ride in her stroller, she doesn't want to be held, she doesn't want to walk. Truth be known, I don't either! I seriously don't know why people fix their hair or put on make-up down here.....it all melts off and frizzes anyway.
Tonight is the wedding and I know it's going to be beautiful....me, not so much! Unless you count sweat and frizz as a characteristic of beauty! : )

Here is a picture from today though down on the Boardwalk.....sing it with me now! Under the Boardwalk...Down by the sea...On a blanket with my boyfriend's where I'll be...Under the Boardwalk...out of the sun...Under the Boardwalk, we'll be having some fun!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like you are having fun.....You do not look like you are melting.....I miss y'all....

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Look at her go! And I LOVE the family picture.

Don't melt away, I want to see you when you get back.

Smooches!
Holly

Anonymous said...

ohh gosh, i hate weather like that! bless your guys' hearts! :) she is too cute walking around! You guys are an adorable family!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Par Here! How deep is that water???? You know me safety comes FIRST! Fabulous picture of the three of you! Oh, by the way, you don't look like your hot and sweaty!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you guys. I can totally relate to crazy hot humid weather! I literally thought I was going to MELT in Savannah!!! Makes me thankful for OK weather. We had to stand in line for 3 hours to make dinner reservations at Paula Deen's resturant. Two people who were near us fainted because of the heat. CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!
And you are right...the make-up runs and the hair frizzes. Makes for not-so-cute vacation pics!