Monday, October 27, 2008

{10.27.08}

Still snotty around here and add a cough on top of that.....urgh! I have contemplated calling our doctor, but I know what she's going to say....it's a cold, it's allergies, stick with the Extendryl and call if she runs a fever. (I love our doctor by the way....I just know what she'll say)!

So what's new? Nothing much. I've been trying to get a jump start on Christmas and have come to the realization that the only person that matters at Christmas time is Kensington so I pleaded with my mom not to buy us anything. So I told her that we should just buy for Kensington and maybe do a nice dinner out or something....much better than wasting our money on stuff that neither of us need nor have room for! We are road triping to California (Lake Tahoe and San Francisco) during my break from school, so I'm sure we'll find lots of things we don't need on that trip!

School is officially into the 11th week.....flying by. This is about the time that I start freaking out with all of the group projects, the papers, the tests, but I've been doing that all semester so it's just intensifying. I can't wait for December 12th...I will officially be finished with my coursework (kind of...I have one correspondence course remaining). So yeah, 47 days but who's counting??? : )

Joey is studying hot and heavy again for that dreaded CPA Exam. He did quite make enough points to pass his Auditing section, so he has to try that one again. He's 1/2 way and I know how bad he wants to be finished!!! ME TOO!

As for Miss Priss.....the terribly twos are here with a vengance. She doesn't want to sit in her car seat, she doesn't want to sit in a high chair, she doesn't want to sit in a booster seat, she can't sit still in a big girl chair, she doesn't want to wear a diaper, she doesn't want to wear big girl panties.....are you seeing a pattern??? SHE DOESN'T....SHE CAN'T. I am outlawing those words round here. I've studied that learned helplessness theory and I'm not letting my child fall into that pattern.

Ok, and for the real reason you all come here to visit....that's the pictures. So let me see what I can find.....I'll post these pictures and title it "If Mom says no, go ask Pop Pop" or "Sending Mom to the Looney Bin" might be a more sufficient title when Grammy and Pop Pop are around. :::eye roll::::

Until next time...I'll try harder to be better!

6 comments:

Tamara Wight said...

Nice Photo's! If it makes you feel any better Preston tells me he should sleep naked it feels better. I'm like no dude your 2 1/2 not till you move out of my house in what 50 years.....I was lucky though he potty trained at 18 months but still uses the pull-up at bed time. Love you

Its Me(SARA) Behind the Camera said...

LOL love the pictures! she is so cute!!! TOOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

What's a PopPop to do?

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Nothing is better than a loving PopPop :) My mom and I have quit buying each other tons of stuff for Christmas, too. We buy a few small items and travel instead. We have decided that making memories is much better than wasting money on sweaters, cd's, and pajamas. I think we have decided to go to New York the day after Thanksgiving and Vegas for Christmas...again :) I am getting excited! Can't wait to see you, take care!

mommy2alex said...

That's what PopPops are there for!!
I cannot even start thinking about Christmas gifts yet:)

jjofar said...

oh that poppop!!! what a guy! i bet she just loves him :)and cherish the terrible twos!! they fly by before you know it!