Yesterday was such a crazy day!! My mom came down to visit and get some organization put into this house. We had intentions of going to the Czech Fest, to Lowe's and get something for lunch....we had barely gotten out of the neighborhood and Kensington starts puking EVERYWHERE. I swerve off the road, unbuckle her and get her out of the car and she's still going strong. Bless my poor baby girl's heart! It was all over her from about her mouth to her feet and from arm to arm. She was looking good compared to her carseat and the back of the car seats! YUCK! I swear, when she is sick, she acts completely normal. She laughs and runs around....very rarely runs a fever. I think we have collectively concluded that she drank some not so good yogurt. I bought her some of those yogurt smoothies (which she loves) and I just don't think the vanilla one agreed with her tummy!
Anyway, we came back home and she wanted to be held. So we rocked and my mom worked on clean-up. I traded her places and Kensington fell asleep in Grammy's arms. Then mom and I went and worked on the car. What a job!! Joey got home from work and mom and I ran a few errands. Kensington took a 4 hour nap! WHEW!
When she woke up, she acted perfectly fine. I was skeptical to give her anything else to eat as I didn't want a second wave, but she held down some crackers and some Pedialyte so I figured she was good to go. We had planned a special surprise and that was to go to the park and feed the ducks.
Kensington melted my heart when she said "This is the best day ever momma!"
Yes baby girl, it was the best day ever....just wish you hadn't gotten so sick! The ducks and geese loved you feeding them and especially loved your quacking!
Oh and the funniest thing....for the record, Kensington is NOT wearing overalls. Those are called lederhosen in the world of Miss K! One of her favorite episodes of the Wonder Pets is when they go to the Swiss Alps to save the sheep. Since they are in the Alps, they wear lederhosen! It just makes me laugh that she remembered what they were called and also that she thinks that's what her overalls are called! : )
.jpg)
.jpg)
(Please disregard my hair...it was SO incredibly windy!)
3 comments:
Oh poor baby, doesn't that just break your heart (while gagging of course!). Glad that she is fine though, just had to get it all out!
That just cracks me up about the overalls - the things that they pick up and remember from these shows is amazing!
It does sound like the best day ever, except for the puking!!
OMG, poor thing! I love the overalls comment that is too cute. She sounds like one tough cookie! Glad you guys had a good day.
Post a Comment