Bad Happenings on our trip
(read $$$$$)
When we decided to go to California for Christmas, we thought it would be cheaper to drive than to fly. At the time, plane tickets were $500 a piece and it just seemed a bit more economical to drive. And an added bonus was the beautiful scenery we would get to see on our way.
WELL....it would have been until this happened....
....oh what, you can't see what I'm referring to? Let's look a little closer....
.....do you see it now? Um, no we didn't leave the window down....
.....some @#$%^ decided they would bust out the window and STEAL our video camera and our DVD player! Before you go a-judgin' me, it was a complete accident that I left the video camera in the front floorboard. We unloaded our entire car and I had it at my feet and forgot to go back out and get it. The DVD players were turned upside down and under the seats.
Do you see all of that glass? That is abuot 1/3 of it. The rest fell into the door! Sickening I tell ya. Nothing like feeling completely violated while in a place you felt safe. It just makes me so sick knowing that some @#$%^ has video of my family, my child!
So yeah, nearly $300 later to fix the window and another $250 to replace the DVD player (aka saving grace for Kensington on the LONG 25 hour ride home).......yep, flying would have been much cheaper!

3 comments:
The little bastards saw the Oklahoma license plate and the rest is history. This shit happens even in the best communities. California is a nice place to visit, glad i don't live there.
I am SO sorry this happened! I totally understand about the whole violation thing. My car got broken in to when I was 18 and lived in my apartment...it was awful. Arggg.
Ugh, mean people just suck!! Your trip still looked fun though, even with the setbacks! Glad you had a good time!
Krysta
http://oureverydaybliss.typepad.com/our_everyday_bliss/
Post a Comment