Ok, I'm beginning to wonder if my daughter is really MY daughter...here's the scoop:
On the morning of her birthday, I heard her wake up so I went into her room to "save the damsel in distress". I started singing her HAPPY BIRTHDAY and got to the 2nd line and she started crying...not just crying, bawling hysterically! I know I'm a bad singer, but come on, can a 2 year old tell that I sing off key?? She doesn't cry when I sing Itsy Bitsy Spider or Take Me Out to the Ballgame or any of the other thousand songs we sing on an hourly basis.
So that's point one in question as to whether she is my daughter. Number two....I being the ever so cool mom, I asked her if she wanted to have a cupcake for breakfast since it was her birthday. She said "No." So I asked her again and even lifted her up so she could pick a cupcake out of the box....yellow, pink, green, blue....again "No." What? Seriously? Get the thermometer out...she must be sick. Check the weather, is it going to ice over today?
Number three and probably the most shocking....the child's gifts from us are still wrapped. Unopened. Untouched. Unappreciated. I spent weeks (maybe even months) decided on what we were going to get her that she would just love. We got her an easel (she idolized the one we got Paeton for her birthday and begs to draw all the time). We got her a guitar (she loves to go to Uncle Jimmy's and play his guitar). We got her a super cape and mask so she can be a Super Spy (she sits and watches the entire Backyardigan episode of the Super Spies). Yep, all of that wrapped and waiting for her to claim them.
I guess most parents would rejoice that there child refused sugar for breakfast and don't think they need anymore gifts as they were more than blessed at their birthday party......but a momma's feelings are kind of hurt right about now. It's just a phase I tell myself...it's just a phase!
Pictures of her birthday party to come....hopefully this weekend. I'm still weeding through the 200+ pictures!
HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL!
~Kim
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
maybe she wanted a mocha frap instead. :)
Now Kim....she's just being smart...pacing herself. When these new toys get old and boring she knows she has a stockpile to pull from. If she had them all out and the new wore off...where would that put her??? :)
That's too funny! I'm sure a little sad for you...but too cute! :)
Post a Comment