I find myself sitting here always thinking "Where do I start?" And I usually always think the same thing "Start with today."
So today......is Joey and I's 8th Anniversary!! EIGHT YEARS! Woo hoo for us! Eight years is a long time, don't you think??? I could get all sappy and lovey dovey, but I won't. I'll just say this....I love you Joey and can't wait to celebrate many many more years together. We've done a lot in 8 years and I can't wait to see what else comes our way because I know that whatever we encounter, we'll be there together.
(I am going to try to scan a picture tomorrow....at school. I need to put my technology fees to work ya know!)
OK, so today.....is Election Day! Did you go vote??? You should because 1. it's your civic duty and 2. they give you a cute little "I VOTED" sticker just for drawing a few straight lines! Geez, that's so much better than any other "test" I've ever had to take! Ok, I'm not trying to make jokes about this....voting is very important. This election means more than just selecting a president and other officials, no matter the outcome HISTORY will be made. History that our children and our grandchildren and great grandchildren will be studying in their history classes years down the road. I don't know about you, but I think that's important. Darn right I do!
In honor of election day, I have a special video that I am going to post later on this evening after we get home from our anniversary dinner sans Kensington....thanks Uncle Jim and Aunt Viki!
Lastly, I hate to end this post on a sad note but it's been a sad day in our house. You all know that our sweet little pup, Gus, was diagnosed with diabetes in March and then completely lost his eyesight a few weeks ago. Well recently, he lost control of his bladder. He was having more and more accidents in the house just trying to get outside. He was shaking and being ever more anxious....never could quite get comfortable so he'd pace around, which when combined with his incontinent bladder, resulted in more accidents around the house. Well this weekend, Joey and I made one of the hardest decision in our 8 years of marriage (11 years together), we decided to let Gus go. We took him to the vet hospital last night and gave him the GIFT OF REST. As much as I wanted to be content that he was no longer miserable and embarassed by his lack of control, I can't help but miss him. Yesterday was awful...I cried all day knowing what was in his future....I cried all last night on our way there and way home....I cried going to sleep last night....I cried when I woke up this morning to start the morning routine realizing I had a few less steps to do this morning. I wanted to pour that cup of dog food. I wanted to open his cage and greet his day. I wanted to open the back door to let him out and feel how the weather was going to be today so I could lay out clothes for Kensington. I wanted to do all of this but it would have been pointless... there was not my four-legged little guy to tend to this morning. I miss you Gus!
So if you have a beloved fur friend, please hug yours a little tighter, love a little longer, pet an extra time or two for me and my Gussie!
Joey mentioned getting another puppy (he claims that's what the girls at the office told him he should do)....I told him if he brought another puppy into this household it better have two sets of papers......AKC registration papers and DIVORCE papers!!! There will be no other pets in this house: no puppies, no kittens, no goldfish, no hermit crabs, nothing! It's just too hard.
alright, long enough post...so sorry about that. Check back later on tonight (probably midnight-ish knowing me) and I will have that video posted!! It's worth checking back for..it involves the missy mae that lives here and America!!
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You know I'm waiting for that video!
And big hugs to you today! Mags and Gracie send their 4 legged love to you too!
Kim:
So sorry to hear about Guss! Just know he's no longer trying to understand his light world that suddenly went dark on him nor is he in any pain. I know that's not going to make it any easier but in time it will get easier I promise you. Congrats on the anniversary. Hope you two have a great evening out.
We love you!
You guys took Gus from a real bad life and gave him a real home with Gracie and Kensi..He was my buddie pal and I will miss Gustavo..He was very special to me..But the sickness and blindness set into him and he was scared..He knew it and so did I..You both did him a favor and he is no longer scared..We will see him and Gracie again someday..Til then there are memories..
Love, Dad
Oh, Kim! I am SO SORRY to hear about Gus! My heart broke when I read about him. You guys totally did the right thing, as hard as it was...the gift of rest is so precious.
As for you and Joey, congrats on 8 years! I can't believe it has been that long...WOW!
I have you guys in my prayers, and I love ya! See you Saturday.
I'm so sorry to hear about Gus!!! Its amazing how they become so much part of our lives & our families!!! I know that precious little furry friend will be missed! Congratulations to you & Joey on your 8 years. You guys are such a special couple & meant to be from the very start! Isn't it amazing how you found that special someone that is meant to be just for you! Okay, I'm getting sappy, but I truely believe in soul mates. We Love You Guys!!!
Post a Comment