Friday, March 20, 2009

Let me {re}introduce myself...

...hi friends, I'm Kim...remember me?!

I know it's been WAY too long since I've blogged. There has been a lot going on behind the scenes that I haven't really had the positive umph it takes to blog. I will spare you the details...trust me, you don't want them...family drama, need I say more?!?!

Since February, lots has been a-happenin' around here. I passed my final certification test.....woo hoo! So as long as I can finish student teaching and finish my @#$% Shakespeare correspondence class by April 15th, I will be good to go! May 9th is the magic day....graduation! More to come on that as the day gets closer, I'm sure.

Joey passed his 3rd section of the CPA exam!!! He only has one more test to pass and he'll be able to add a title to his name. He found out today he didn't pass #4, but he has two more times that he can take it. SO, he's going to hit the study material again effective Monday! I'll be asking for prayers when his test date gets closer.

Tax season hasn't been too bad this year. I know I've just jinxed myself for the next 27 days, but compared to the past 3 seasons, this one has been bearable. I thought it would be the worst due to my workload, his workload, and an almost three year old.....but so far, so good! He has worked the past 36 days straight so he might have a different opinion!

Miss Priss is stinkin' hysterical these days! She is all about the imaginary friends and family. The things she talks about has me laughing to tears. The names she has come up with are kind of freaky....and the fact that she doesn't forget baffles me! Osha (Awe-sha), Kaleana (Ka-lean-a), Klocka (Clock-a).....obviously I have NO idea if these are the correct spellings, but that's what we're going with! Oh and she's into hunting quail....with her lacrosse net! Quail? Really? Not any other type of bird, but quail. She "catches" them in the house and holds her hand over the net until we "see" them. Then she lets them go. That's my FAVORITE kind of hunter....the one that lets their prey go....no killing round here.

I could go on and on and update as it's been SO long since I've done so, but that's it in a nutshell. I'll fill in the blanks soon enough. For instance, our Spring Break get-away, my birthday (yes, it was a BIG one), and the planning of K's birthday party.......

Hope all is well in your little world....and free of family-drama! It sucks when family members can't just get along and have to make the world suffer with them. : (

XOXO,
~Kim

3 comments:

mommy2alex said...

COngrats - you're almost there!! YAY!
Bluck, Shakespeare - I got out of that one by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin.;) Good luck friend!
Miss Priss is just too cute!

Kacie said...

Hey Kim,

LOVE your blog.! I am offically recruiting you to help me set mine up! I need it! Yours is so cute!

Goodluck with your class and I know that Joey will pass! And as for MISS PRISS.. I would SO love to meet her! She is too cute! Love reading the stories about her!

Krysta said...

Yeah, congrats to both of you on passing your tests! So you are going to be a teacher?! What grade are you hoping to teach? Ms. K sounds like she has a great imagination, which is wonderful!! She sounds like a smart little thing too!