Sunday, April 12, 2009

{4.12.09}

Whew! I seriously can't even spell stress, that's how stressed out I am! Student teaching is just insanely nerve-wracking and crazy and rewarding and stressful all at once. The same could be said for tax season. The same could be said for just about everything in our life right now. So enough with the pity party, y'all came to see pictures and pictures you will see.

During Spring Break, Kensington and I decided we needed to get away. So we ventured down to SE Oklahoma and partied like rock stars with our friends Corbi and Jayden (oh and Jason too...thanks J!) We had such a great time!! The girls didn't fight one time and allowed us mommies to visit and catch up which was wonderful. Kensington and I didn't want to come home....Corbi and Jayden wanted us to stay. We will definitely make the trek down there again soon!


Also during Spring Break, I had a BIG birthday! Big as in t-h-i-r-t-y. which you know was fine with me. It's just a #! Some of my best girlfriends took me out to one of favorite restaurants and while the service was HORRID, the food and the company was amazing! Thanks girls for making my birthday so special! Those were some killer Cosmos.....LOL!



Joey and Kensington gave me flowers and a birthday cake. Kensington doesn't consider a birthday a birthday without a cake AND candles. Whatever makes the princess happy. Thanks to my two favorite people....I love you both!



My birthday celebrations continued the next weekend when we went to my parents. They spoiled me too....dinner at Carrabba's....again service was so-so (the hostesses were horrid), but the sirloin marsala is heavenly! Thanks Mom and Dad for a fabulous weekend!

So aside from celebrating my birthday for pretty much the entire week, I worked on homework! Lesson plans, artifacts for my portfolio, applying for jobs, and that darn Bill Shakespeare.....my time was quickly absorbed.
Still lots more to share....but this is a good start, right? My memory card is full again so I need to upload and post. I really am going to try to do this more regularly. I said TRY! : )

8 comments:

Boppy said...

It was a good birthday for Kim, Kensi and I got to hang out and do something fun.

Heather Crawford said...

Happy Birthday girlie! Thirty ain't so bad...coming from a 36 year old..lol...Hope the stress lets up!

mommy2alex said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Sounds like a great one, lots of fun, friends and family - perfect!
{{{HUGS}}} for all the work that you're plowing through right now, you're amazing in my book - mommy, wife, student, teacher, superwoman!! It will all be sooo worth it and I know you know that too!
Have a fab week girlie!!

Corbi said...

Yeah, I finally checked the post again & saw the new pics!!! We did have so much fun & can't wait to see you guys again, this time including Joey!!!! Love Ya!!!

natalie said...

I had such a fun time! Glad you're in the thiry's crowd now! You're right, it is just a number!
Love ya!

Krysta said...

Oh, the big 3-0!! HAppy Birthday! Glad you guys had a nice spring break and love the pictures, esp. the one of you and Kensington!!

kim elliott said...

I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I have missed your posts like crazy! Keep them coming, gf! Oh, and tell Billy hello :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Kim

It's Jennifer. I was just going through some paperwork today and found a card you sent us with Kensington pictures all over it. Just had to finally take a minute to say how much I miss you guys! I have checked out your blog before, just never taken the time to say hello. So, HELLO!! Thanks for always remembering us even though we are so horrible about staying in touch, just know how much we miss you guys and wish we could still hang out.
Love,
Gabriel, Jennifer, The Boys and the Girls.