skip to main | skip to sidebar
Photobucket

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

{9.11.07}

When Joey and I were in NYC, we went to Ground Zero and I spent a lot of time walking around St. Paul's, the church in front of where the towers once stood. The church served as a home for the rescue workers while they were resting in between shifts of sifting through the rubble looking for survivors. The wood floors, the wooden pews, the walls, all scratched and dented from the boots of the workers. I found myself sitting there just thinking back to what happened on THAT day. Call it pregnancy hormones (I was 5 months pregnant with Kensington) or whatever, but the emotions got the best of me. I wanted to take a picture to remember this place, but I was scared that pictures weren't allowed. I took this one picture and stuffed my camera back in my pocket. It's not a good picture at all....but when I got home and loaded it onto my computer, I got chills. If you look close enough, you can see the physical marks left behind by those that worked so hard at Ground Zero. A terrible, out of focus picture, but to me it has an aura of what happened in NYC on 9/11/2001.
I will NEVER forget...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still get emotional when I think about that horrible day...sooo sad!

11:49 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Sitemeter

Blog Archive

A few of my favorite people!

  • The Wights
  • The Webbs
  • Princess Paeton

Labels

  • Anniversary (2)
  • Brian (2)
  • Christmas (10)
  • Fair (1)
  • Family (12)
  • Glasses (2)
  • Grandparents (7)
  • Gus (3)
  • Halloween (2)
  • Holiday (5)
  • House (2)
  • Kensington (98)
  • Lane (1)
  • Mook (4)
  • Olympics (3)
  • Paeton (6)
  • Santa (1)
  • School (16)
  • Update (19)
  • USA (1)
  • Vacation (14)
  • Weightloss (1)

About Me

~Kim
View my complete profile