
I know there are lots of events that I need to get caught up on, but I need to start here today! I'd like to formally introduce you all to someone very special to us.....please meet our godson, Mr. Lane Thomas! He made his grand (and quite dramatic) entrance into the world today at 11:45 am weighing in at an even 8 pounds and 20" long! I say quite dramatic because Rachel was induced this morning and it looked like it was going to be a long hard labor. At 11:33, she had a really hard contraction and the nurses checked her.....the umbilical cord was being cinked in between the birth canal and his little head which caused his heart rate to drop into the 70s. They rushed her into the OR and had him delivered within 12 minutes! It all happened so fast that Jason didn't even get to be in the OR! : (
So who are Jason and Rachel you ask? For those of you that don't know, they are very dear friends of ours. I worked with Jason at the pharmacy and we kind of bonded....he thinks I'm funny! Then when I was pregnant with Kensington, his sweet wife and I talked quite a bit and our friendship blossomed. When K was eight months old, Rachel started keeping her while I went to school and the rest is history! I don't know what we'd do without our JJ and RayRay (affectionately their nicknames). And now, I don't know what I'd do without Lane.
I was asked today if seeing him made me want to have another and I was quick to say NO! Kensington will be an only child biologically, but thankfully Jason and Rachel have blessed her with a "brother"! She was all about him today and I know that's just the start of things.


So welcome to the world Baby Lane! You have wedged your way from your momma's ribs and straight into our hearts! We can't wait to hype you up on sugar, buy you all of the loud and obnoxious toys, and then send you home! Hey, we get to do that because we are your godparents after all!! : )
Congrats Jason and Rachel....I know you all have waited SO long for this day. He is absolutely perfect!
Check out his hair....it is the cutest ever! He was rockin' the faux-hawk today. His hair instantly did this whole hawk thing that was hilarious. It looked like he had spent hours fixing it just right. He definitely looked like he should be sporting a ROCK STAR shirt and strumming an electric guitar.......you are a rock star buddy!


4 comments:
Awww so precious!! Congrats to the family, and the extended family Walkers!
Thank you Kim!! We are so happy to finally have him here!! I'm know with out a doubt he will be so spoiled by you two!! We love you guys!!
Oh Kim,
He is absolutely precious! I love those little knit hats!!! Welcome to the world baby Lane!!
Krysta
i am lactating....HOW PRECIOUS!
Post a Comment